Thursday, July 22, 2010

7/22/10

Strike three, mofos.  Nothing would sound better on my first official day off than a ballgame in Detroit.  And the Tigers pulled off the victory.  Beauty.  I took seven photos in anticipation of the moment pictured above.  You people had better appreciate my efforts.

It's no secret that I'm not a workaholic, but even an industrious person would need some down time every now and then. I've been going at it pretty hard recently so I was more than happy to sleep nice and late this morning.  Then, after realizing that the Tigers had an afternoon shindig scheduled with the Blue Jays, it was time to head downtown.  My first game attended this year also happened to be my first victory attended this year, so all was right with the world.

After a post-game dinner with my mother and my youngest brother, I took some time to visit with an old friend.  Even if we assume that he wasn't actually happy to see me, he did manage to make me feel as though I had been missed during my last stint on the road.  Then it was back home, where I needed to stay up nice and late if it was possible to do so.  Tomorrow's first pull is scheduled for 5:30pm.  That one's a three-stop load which will be followed by a four-stop load on the overnight shift.  I was at the ballgame when I got the call from my dispatcher, so I haven't checked on the pay yet, but it sounds like tomorrow should be nice and profitable here at Fenian Godfather Inc.  We just need to make sure that I get enough sleep before I head out to the dairy.  I think it should work out okay.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.