Thursday, July 1, 2010

7/1/10

It's the small luxuries that really matter, I think.  I had some business matters to tend this morning, so not surprisingly I couldn't sleep last night.  Story of my life.  I was sharp enough though, once I shook off the cobwebs, and everything went as well as could be expected.  After an afternoon of running around and tying up loose ends, it was time to head back home.

A buddy of mine has fallen on hard times of late, so my car is his main mode of transportation.  Since I'm out of town most of the time, there don't tend to be any scheduling conflicts.  He's not working so I do what I need to do when I'm around and he goes where he needs to go when I'm gone.  I'll be going up north to my parents' place tomorrow, taking my car with me, so he headed out to buy some groceries this evening.  Then he returned with a few 40 oz. bottles of Pabst.  This particular brew tends to ellicit images of Kid Rock or other folks of the 'wannabe trucker' variety these days.  For me though, it's a reminder of Clint Eastwood in the movie Gran Torino.  "Get off my lawn."  I love it.  I hadn't intended to have any beer tonight, but who am I to refuse a gift?  There are people in Zimbabwe who have never even heard of beer, after all.

2 comments:

  1. Free beer is the best beer. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as we carve out exceptions for disgusting products like Groelsch and Heineken, I'll concede this point.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.