Sunday, June 13, 2010

6/13/10

One of the underrated things about Florida is that every day, even the sunny ones, will bring a brief rain shower to wash the bugs off the windshield.  Of course the heat and humidity that come along for the ride aren't so great, but nobody's perfect.

Today's nice and easy drive down I-95 got me to the farmer's market in Pompano Beach, where I was able to catch up with Rick, the local seafood connoisseur.  I'm not sure that either of us managed to eat as much as we did on my last trip into the area (and my Swedish buddy Sjoe didn't join us for very long either), but dinner was good nonetheless.  After hanging out and watching another movie on that giant television, it was time for me to head back to the office.  Unfortunately I have an early morning tomorrow.

I'm due in Miami by 8am and it looks like I'm around 25 miles away.  That's easy, right?  Just leave around 7am and I should be a half hour early.  Yeah, no, not around here.  I'm going to head out at 6:30am and try to beat the heaviest part of the morning rush.  Even allowing for an 18mph pace though, there are no guarantees.  We'll hope for the best.  The volatile blend of blue hairs and young punks on the highway can be rather unpredictable sometimes.

Speaking of hoping for the best, let's hope that medical advice dispensed via anonymous blog comments is accurate.  The nearest restroom is clear across the parking lot from here and I'd rather not spend another night running back and forth.  I've bought my bottle of Immodium and consumed my first few doses.  The rest is up to fate.

2 comments:

  1. Always a pleasure Joe. At least let me catch the tip next time.

    Green Zone was pretty good, specially on the 70" (if Sony made a bigger one, I'd probably have it).

    Mi casa es su casa (since you're in Miami now, you can easily find someone to translate that for you).

    Safe journey, if you're stuck load-less today, come back up to Pompano and we'll hang some more.

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've come to accept the anti-American slant out of Hollywood. I just wish they'd be a little less predictable about it.

    No translation needed for the basic stuff. Hablo un poco de castellano. I used to be a restaurant manager, dontcha know.

    By the time I got clear of your blue-haired neighbors on I-95 this afternoon, I was wishing that I had just stopped in Pompano.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.