Sunday, January 3, 2010

1/3/10

When it comes to adopting another team in situations where I have no natural rooting interest, my record is uncanny. I lose every time. Sorry Sparties.

Another day with no alarm clock could only be a good day as far as I'm concerned. When I did wake though, I took a look outside and saw a bunch of snow. So I went back to bed. Screw that. I got up again an hour or so later and found that the snow really didn't amount to more than a light dusting. It had blanketed the truck stop's parking lot but the roads were fine. Off we go...

I thought I had heard that the truck speed in Illinois was increasing at the start of the year. The signs still say 55mph though, so the old double nickel it was for me. I had plenty of time on this trip so there was no need to speed along and find out the hard way that the limit hadn't been raised yet.

I intended to drive at least 350 miles today, leaving myself less than 250 miles tomorrow. As it turned out, the traffic was flowing smoothly and the weather was good so I just kept driving. I decided to take a shot at the service plaza in South Holland, Illinois. Usually these things are pretty crowded but there was plenty of open parking tonight. Beauty. It looks like I have around three hours of driving from here to my consignee in Kentwood, Michigan. In related news, it looks like I have at least one more day without an alarm clock before I'll have to get back to reality.

I don't have a strong affinity for either team tonight, but I do have an affinity for the city of New York. So... sorry Jets fans, I'm gonna have to be on your side this time around.

2 comments:

  1. Please don't root for Alabama on Thursday. Your most enthusiastic support for Texas will be greatly appreciated. Think Outside the Bun!


    Roll Tide. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enthusiastic support for Texas? You're asking an awful lot here. You know that, don't you?

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.