Sunday, January 10, 2010

1/10/10

I couldn't do it, could I? Is it possible to pick all four playoff games incorrectly in a single weekend? Well, I picked Arizona so my perfect record is in jeopardy at the moment, but we'll see. I did already manage to lose what you might call a "pint sized" wager to a friend back home though. Damned Ravens.

There were three items on the agenda for today.

First was to see the sun at some point in time. That dreary crap gets depressing after a while. It wasn't looking too good as I got rolling this morning, as there was some light snowfall and the skies were dark in every direction as far as the eye could see. As I descended down the mountains toward Knoxville though, the clouds receded and it was sunny for the rest of the day. Beauty.

Second was to cover enough miles to leave Atlanta in my rearview mirror. Better to get through there on a weekend than on a Monday, the theory goes. Traffic was flowing freely down I-75, so I drove all the way to the Pilot in Byron, Georgia before calling it a day. Beauty.

Third was to find a lovely young southern belle to keep me company this evening, since I have all kinds of free time to kill. Well, you know, two out of three ain't bad... or something.

It looks like around four or five hours of driving from here should get me to Jacksonville. This load is due to arrive by 3am Tuesday, so any time tomorrow will do the trick. Given the absence of any southern hospitality to enjoy, I may try to get some sleep early tonight and get down there in the early afternoon tomorrow. This would put me in a good position to get another assignment after I make my drop. Or maybe I'll just sleep late and get down there in the evening. This wouldn't put me in a good position for much of anything, but I do like to sleep late. I don't know. Whatever.

Hmm, Green Bay is keeping it close after all. I may yet go 0-4 this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.