Wednesday, February 25, 2009

2/25/09

Ahh yes, just another case of The Man tryin' to keep a brother down. I waited and waited for the tractor shop last night. They never came a-knockin'. Then at the buttcrack of dawn today, they woke me and did their business. I have no idea what went on in there but my truck was running like shit when I got it back. That happens sometimes with cold fluids and stuff (maybe, I think?) so we'll see if it shakes out by tomorrow. Perhaps they added some stuff after fixing whatever they fixed. Anyhow, yeah, my truck was running like shit.

Then I hung around through the morning and into the afternoon waiting for my call from the body shop. At one point my Qualcomm beeped and I thought it was them but it was someone else. I was getting the obligatory congratulation for having no violations on my DOT deal in Kentucky last week. At some point, having showered and eaten and gotten my permit book reviewed and exhausted pretty much every plausible reason to stay near the driver services building, I pulled across the lot and parked in front of the body shop. Ten minutes later a guy walked over and told me to pull into a bay. Hmm...

He pulled off the old logos from my doors and put new (white) Con-way Truckload logos in their stead. The cab extender air deflector things on my truck had stress cracks emanating from the rivets at the bottom, so he pulled those off. Apparently they're being replaced with a slightly shorter pair. As for the new parts... no. They were still being painted today and won't be ready for installation until tomorrow. I'm supposed to head back over there at 6am and they say that they'll be ready to rumble.

So this week has gone from one in which I was empty on Tuesday morning with just under 500 miles to one in which I'll be empty on Thursday morning with just over 500 miles. Anybody think I can go another year and a half without seeing this town? Lord willing, we can pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.