Tuesday, February 5, 2008

2/5/08

Oh, my poor truck. It's a fighter, but the poor thing is just struggling. The past couple days every overpass looked like Mount Everest. As if that weren't bad enough, today I had a 40mph headwind that forced the truck to use the turbo boost to maintain anything above 55mph. Bad, bad, bad day. I called road service on the way and they're having me go to the Kenworth dealer in Laredo after I drop this trailer in the morning. I told them that I could bobtail to Joplin if that made things any better. They said that they would have to fix the truck either way before it is traded, so it's better to be safe and get the work done here. Makes sense to me.

I started out westbound on I-10 this morning and things were okay. The bridges were pretty rough, but the route was generally flat and I was able to cruise along at 63mph without the boost kicking in and causing problems. Then, once I got through Houston and turned south, the wind was right in my face. I got a reprieve whenever I was going downhill, but otherwise this was probably the worst day of driving I've had out here. I managed to limp into Laredo a little while ago, so I'm sure I can get down the street half a mile to make this drop in the morning. Then the Kenworth dealer is right around the corner. I guess we'll just have to hope they're not too busy.

The silver lining is that, since they have me highlighted for Joplin to trade my truck, I should skip some people once I get on the board. It's a nice 70 degrees and breezy down here right now, so I'm not sure I'm in a major hurry to head back into the cold. But I guess I have to keep moving and earn a living one way or another, at least until I manage to find my fiance and tell her that we're engaged. Then I suppose she can support me.

If anyone is passing through Hollywood, let Emmanuelle know I'm looking for her. Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.