Saturday, January 19, 2008

1/19/08

Okay, okay. I have a pretty short attention span so it should come as no surprise that the whole trivia thing is starting to bore me. When I was a kid, there was a point that I was introduced to rum and Coke. Then there came a time that I learned that Bacardi 151 packed a better punch than regular rum. Then there came a time that I ran out of Coke, but had a 2-liter of Rock 'N' Rye, leading me to conclude that Coke sucked as a mixer. Then there came a time that the... umm... Muslim-Americans at the local party store informed me that Don Q was more or less the same as Bacardi 151, only cheaper. And that was the point in time when I learned to get shitfaced for $7. Half a pint of "the Q" and a 2-liter of Faygo. Done deal. 'C' is the correct answer. So, enough making me sound like a drunk...

You know what sucks about being a die-hard Notre Dame fan? Watching your favorite team lose all the time. That pretty much sucks. You know what's cool about being a die-hard Notre Dame fan? Eventually you get used to it. Now we can dream of the day that Our Lady's glory is bestowed upon the believers and we can tell the rest of humanity to kiss our collective ass. Yeah, today wasn't that day. We got to the Palace around 3pm, in anticipation of the 3:30 start time. Funny little thing - Wayne State vs. Niagara was at 3:30pm. The main event was at 7pm. Okay, fine. Two hockey games for the price of one, right? So I watched the determined little scamps from Wayne State put up a pretty good fight. Then I watched Our Lady's lads dominate every apsect of the game, except of course the scoreboard. 5-1. We lose. On a side note, whenever you need to understand the meaning of the phrase "revenue whore," look for a team getting booed at a "home game." That's a pretty good starting point. When your athletic director moves a home game against Michigan to suburban Detroit, you need a new athletic director.

After the game, we made the usual pilgrimage to Mexican Town for some late night food and beverage. Then the short drive home. Now I'm pretty stuffed and a little buzzed, so I guess it's a good conclusion to the night. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.