Thursday, August 16, 2007

8/16/07

Oh boy, where to begin? Apparently I got fed up last night and decided to post a pretty rude sarcastic jab at the load planners in a private discussion forum last night. I made myself chuckle, but apparently some of the higher-ups at CFI failed to see the humor. Whatever man, people are too damn sensitive.

Remember that mystical 'other truck' that I seemed to anticipate but the planners didn't? Yeah, well he left with an empty this morning before I was loaded, after arriving 24 hours after me. The old Don was not a happy camper to say the least. It's been well over a year since I slugged someone in the mouth. My mom says I'm maturing and my grandmother says I'm becoming a pussy. Either way, it was probably a good thing that I was alone this morning.

After checking in, and checking in again, and checking in again, I finally was told, "They're loading it now, you'll be ready in an hour." I fired off a sarcastic message via satellite to my fleet manager:

"Customer says another hour, in case anyone cares."

The response was actually enough to make me feel a little guilty, as my fleet manager was not the one who put me in that predicament. "I care, thanks for letting me know." Simple and sincere can go a long way sometimes.

Once I finally got rolling it seemed more like I was a truck driver again. I covered a full eleven hours of driving, plus a fuel stop in Amarillo. The ride was a pretty uneventful one, aside from a great deal of fatigue from the scheduling snafu.

I did manage to come up with an awesome CD while I should have been sleeping last night. Whenever I toss a CD together, the results can be pretty sketchy, but I was so pleased with today's result I think I'll share it now:

Pogues - And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda
Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
Ted Nugent - Fred Bear
Buckcherry - Crazy Bitch
Chieftains w/Sinead O'Connor - The Foggy Dew
Pink - U & UR Hand
Nickelback - Rock Star
Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
Steely Dan - Deacon Blues
Offspring - Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)
Skid Row - 18 & Life
Flogging Molly - Drink And Fight
Green Day - Basketcase
Tenacious D - Fuck Her Gently
Tom Petty - Free Fallin'
Johnny Cash - Streets of Laredo
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California
Violent Femmes - Blister in the Sun

If you get a kick out of that blend, you might be allright.

1 comment:

  1. Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.