Monday, January 25, 2010

1/25/10

Let's look at it this way... I didn't have to drive in the snow today and my log book is no longer running low on hours. That has to count for something, right?

The people unloading my trailer took about an hour, so I got back onto the freeway after most of the rush hour traffic was gone. The drive across to Joliet was quick and easy. I checked in with the guy in the service department at the Kenworth dealer, who told me that they likely wouldn't get to my truck until after lunch. Fair enough then.

At some point late in the afternoon, they pulled my truck into the service bay. At some point late at night, they gave me back the keys. And there went my Monday. I have a nice shiny new windshield. No cracks, so that's nice. Both of my turn signals are fully functional again. That's nice too.

Apparently they fixed a power steering leak and an issue with a tail light as well. I know for a fact that my tail lights were fine before I left Munster this morning, so maybe some kind of issue arose once they started messing with the wiring for the turn signals or something. As for the power steering, I noticed that the steering box looked a little slimy on one side a while ago. The reservoir had plenty of fluid in it though. Whenever I got my last preventive maintenance done, I asked the T/A mechanic what he thought about it. "It's fine," he replied, after taking a closer look. Given that I have the mechanical aptitude of a small child, I took his word for it. Turns out that I was right after all, it would seem.

Anyhow, I just got my truck back. I guess I'll try to get some sleep for a little while and then get on the board tomorrow morning. Gotta love that Pizza Hut delivery when you find yourself stuck without provisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.