Sunday, January 24, 2010

1/24/10

Given that I enjoyed my first restful night of sleep in quite some time, it should follow that I felt refreshed today. Alas, every now and then I manage to get sick. No feeling refreshed for me today. Maybe it's time to look into some vitamin supplements or something, as long as I'm going to be stuck in this endlessly dreary climate. Sunlight hasn't exactly been in plentiful supply this winter, has it? Bummer.

The good thing was that I didn't have to drive very far today and I had plenty of time for a nice long afternoon nap. I do rather enjoy my afternoon naps. Most of the rainy weather seems to have blown through Ohio before I started driving, so I guess that was nice too. The directions to my shipper gave me the impression that I would be able to find a parking place, so I drove straight to the location this evening and hoped for the best. No gates, no parked cars, plenty of room. Beauty.

My experiences with the nation's Kenworth dealers haven't left me with any great expectations for tomorrow. Maybe they'll have the parts that I need and maybe they won't. Since the Joliet location is a big one and it serves the greater Chicago area, I suppose that there should be a decent chance that they carry a lot of parts. I've held this line of thinking before though and it hasn't quite worked out as I expected. We'll just have to see.

My delivery appointment for tomorrow is for 8am and there's not a whole lot of stuff in my trailer, so it looks like I'll be rolling westward pretty early. Perhaps a rush hour drive across I-80 will be the thing to kick me out of this cold-induced funk. Yeah probably not, but you know, let's hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.