Sunday, February 1, 2009

2/1/09

I got up and called the 800 line to check on my board status this morning, hoping like hell to hear that I was still #4. I had a hard time falling asleep last night so I wanted to nod off for a while longer. I was still #4. Beauty.

Around an hour or so after that I awoke again and found that I was assigned to a load. I called the local dispatcher in Taylor to get the rundown. I'm picking up outside Grand Rapids tomorrow morning and then heading to Indiana. There are two extra pickups along the way, tacking another $70 onto my week right at the beginning. It's always nice to get off to a good start on the money end when I leave home, but it's typically best to avoid the highly skilled driving until I've been back on the road for a day or two. As for tomorrow, we've seen this movie before. Snow and everything. This should be exciting. I don't have a Florida run tacked on this time, but I do have a planned run to Laredo after I get empty tomorrow night. Fair enough. Provided that I get through tomorrow's stops without hitting anything, I should make it to Laredo with a couple of days to spare before the pay week ends.

I think I'm going to hang around and watch the football game with some friends tonight, then drive out to my first shipper. As I recall it, they should have enough room for me to park and spend the night. It was pretty warm today so I'm thinking that their lot should be passable for me. Quite a bit of the snow around here is melting. If not I'll figure out something else. I always do.

Good news for all the Stillers fans out there! I am projecting --> Arizona 31, Pittsburgh 24. We all know how consistently I get these things wrong. I just can't go against that guy from Royal Oak who sings The Heat Is On, especially after he gave Rod Tidwell that big contract. He still owns the Cardinals, right? Hang on a second. I'm getting confused. Anyway... go Cards!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, so the game's outcome is all your fault? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say? I have a gift.

    I was on the right side of the point spread though, earning a cool five bucks for the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cool 5 bucks for sunday, and back on the road monday, amirite?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Close. My father can always be counted on to bet five bucks on the favorite. I actually got out of town Sunday night after the game though.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.