Friday, January 18, 2008

1/18/08

Before I left for dinner last night, I enjoyed a nice cold glass of Faygo Rock 'N' Rye. For those of you who have not had the pleasure of growing up with the delightful recipes created by the Feigenson brothers, Faygo is the good stuff. Sometimes when I find myself away from Detroit too long, I need a Rock 'N' Rye or a Black Cherry to get me back on track. I've had some people try to sell me on Jones Soda and a few other novelty brands, but none of them compare to Faygo. Even the 69 cents for a 24 ounce bottle is second to none. I'll concede to you folks on the east coast that Wise potato chips are better than Better Made, but we have the best "pop" in the country right here in Michigan.

At the restaurant last night, I had a couple of tall cold glasses of... Killian's. The fare was Italian and the Killian's was a fine accompaniment.

On the way home, I had a Diet Coke as I drove.

Then I plopped my fat ass on the couch and grabbed whatever was in the fridge. That happened to be Miller Lite. So the correct answer was A. There are still a few left, so we'll see how tonight goes.

So yeah, another day off today. Not much to say really. It was wicked cold outside so I just lounged around all day... again. Today was payday so that's always cool. I am a big fan of the weekly paychecks. Paid a few bills. Watched some TV. Yeah, I guess that's about it.

What the hell, we might as well try another quiz tonight. I have nothing better to do, right? I am generally not a big fan of mixed drinks. If I'm drinking whiskey, I drink whiskey. If I'm drinking beer, I drink beer. If I'm drinking soda, I drink soda. I was, however, once a young lad. Before I learned to appreciate a good drink, I spent many nights after baseball practice trying to find the best-tasting way to catch a buzz. There is one drink that, as nearly as I can tell, was invented by me. There are numerous references on the internet and they all trace back to yours truly. The mixer was the aforementioned Rock 'N' Rye.

Which liquor was added to the Rock 'N' Rye in order to produce young Joey's favorite mixed drink?

(a) Jim Beam
(b) Jack Daniel's
(c) Don Q
(d) Absolut

5 comments:

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.