Monday, June 15, 2009

6/15/09

I love the smell of Satan's Driveway in the morning. It smells like... traffic.

San Antonio and Austin during the morning rush - just because I decided to take a load requiring that kind of schedule - awesome. What a royal pain in the ass that road is. Yeah, I know I always say that. My opinion hasn't changed.

I love the smell of Satan's Driveway in the early afternoon. It smells like... more traffic.

Usually there's a bit of relief once you clear Austin on I-35 northbound. Today every jackass in Texas seemed to show up and cause trouble. God forbid I be allowed to move into the left lane and pass them. Dumb. What a royal pain in the ass that road is.

I love the smell of US-75 in the late afternoon. It smells like... still more traffic.

Have I taken this shtick far enough yet? Yeah, probably. Dallas was another clusterfuck though, just in case anyone was wondering. It was no Austin, mind you, but the traffic was slow and congested for no apparent reason.

As obnoxious as those particular areas were, the overall route for this trip is mostly open and fast. I was able to get a solid 650 miles in the books before my hours ran out for the day, leaving a little over a hundred miles to drive in the morning. My only hope from this point is that they don't deadhead me to Joplin once I'm empty. This happened the last time I delivered to Northwestern Arkansas. Joplin, Missouri is most certainly not my favorite place in the world. I do think that I have a shiny gold ring coming to me sooner or later but they can mail it to Michigan as far as I'm concerned.

I love the smell of Checotah in the evening. It smells like... a front row parking space and a fresh hot slice of Flying J pizza.

(Still no personal welcome from the lovely Ms. Underwood though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.