Sunday, February 3, 2008

2/3/08

Screw Cesar Milan. I am the truck whisperer, and trucks are much more useful than dogs. I gave the old Kenworth a stern talking-to before we got rolling this morning. Apparently it listened. The incredible self-healing T-600? I don't know man. Accelerating, pulling hills, no trouble at all today. The main test came just east of Chattanooga. A truck was disabled on the right shoulder, it was raining, and traffic was at a dead stop. I had to accelerate from a standing start up a wicked steep hill to freeway speed. No problemo, senor. Beauty. Let's hope tomorrow's pep talk is equally effective.

I write to you this afternoon from the Corleone family's Tennessee estate, located in room 304 of the Econo Lodge. I saw a sign saying that it was $32.95 a night, with truck parking, and I'm 20 miles from my drop. A quick trip to the convenience store yielded a bounty of 18... err... iced teas. Mix in a call to Domino's and we've got ourselves an impromptu Super Bowl party.

It was a nice easy ride today. Even the rain didn't slow things down too much. Now I'm going to excuse myself and crack my first... iced tea... of the evening. Tomorrow's drop is about a half hour away, then I'll pick up in the same town and head for Laredo.

Patriots 48, Giants 17

2 comments:

  1. That prediction was a little off!
    But, it was a great game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I predicted New England and the over, so the smart play was New York and the under. What can I say? It's a gift.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.