Sunday, September 30, 2007

9/30/07

I was either (a) champing at the bit to get going this morning, or (b) ready to go back to bed. You can probably guess. Anyhow, I got up and finished off my run to Taylor. My fuel tanks were damn near empty before I got to the Pilot at exit 25 in Ohio, but I made it.

Coming up US-250 through Amish country, a state cop got behind me and followed me for what seemed like a hundred miles. In reality, it was more like four or five miles, but still... Ohio gets a little stressful for me sometimes. I don't know for sure, but there is a possibility that the judicial branch of the Lucas County government is holding an open invitation for me. A miscommunication took place several years ago and I blew it off, so I have no idea where I stand with those guys. I'm not really inclined to find out, so I just try to keep my nose clean down there. The kind officer finally ducked off after a few miles and I breathed a huge sigh of relief.

After I got parked at our terminal, I pulled out my weights and jammed out the workouts for my back and legs. My back workout was scheduled for yesterday, but I never really found myself in a suitable spot for a workout, or a jog for that matter. I think I'm going to have to switch up my style to allow for more flexibility because this will become a regular occurrence otherwise. Anyhow, today I got a good workout.

The dispatcher in Taylor confirmed a sneaking suspicion of mine. I won't mention his/her name (in case providing drivers with accurate info is a violation of some company policy). He/she said I could deliver tomorrow in Canada any time between 7am and midnight. Remember what my communications system said? 7am appointment. Liars. So, I was faced with a choice (and probably made the wrong one, but that's what I do). I could stick to the plan, take a nap, leave before midnight, and get the pay on this check. Or I could watch football all day, have a few pops, go to work in the morning, and get the pay on my next check. Fuck it, I've already made more than I budgeted for in September. I'll just chill. Whenever I wake up, I wake up. Then I'll go to work. One of these days I'm bound to grow up but it hasn't happened yet, apparently.

Today mainly involved laying on the couch and watching football. The NFL chose not to cooperate with my wagering tendencies the way the college teams did. As a result, I need Philly to cover -3 in order to break even for the weekend. Oh the drama!

I'm feeling a little tired so I imagine I'll be in bed shortly after the game. I don't have to get up early, but I probably shouldn't waste the whole day by sleeping too late. Can't get the next load until I get rid of this one.

1 comment:

  1. Tryout an LA Fitness. They are awesome and located in plazas for parking and 10's.

    http://www.lafitness.com/Pages/findclub.aspx

    kurbski

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.